Cleveland Institute of Art seeks to bring together a diverse group of individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to art making and inquiry. Our goal is to create a stimulating and rigorous environment for a period of concentrated artistic creation, interaction, and growth.
You’ll join a select group of art educators from across the country as they create a new body of studio work with the goal to reinvigorate their teaching practice.
The summer 2019 residency will take place from Wednesday, June 19 - Saturday, June 29, 2019.
The 2019 residency will be open to educators through two courses exploring the areas of:
- 2D Processes, including drawing, painting, and printmaking
- Contemporary Craft, including ceramics, glass, and jewelry and metals
While on campus, teacher residents are provided individual studio spaces, art-making supplies, and access to the school’s state-of-the-art facilities.
Applicants must be employed as a current visual arts teacher or a teaching artist.
Please submit the following materials through our online application found at cia.edu/summer-residency
- Online application
- CV or resume
- Project proposal
Project proposal should briefly discuss what you plan to work on, and how you hope the project will affect your teaching practice. Proposal will also ask for you to think through what supplies you will need to complete your work.
For information on meals, accomodations, graduate credit, the final exhibition, pricing, and more, please visit cia.edu/summer-residency.
- March 1, 2019: Applications due (online at cia.edu/summer-residency)
- March 8, 2019: Acceptance notification
- April 15, 2019: Payment due
- June 19, 2019: Residents arrive
- June 29, 2019: Final day + exhibition opening reception