How it works (the rules):
- Performance pieces should be spooky or scary in some way (cuz it’s Halloween)
- Each performance piece should be about 5 minutes long, max
- Students can sign up to perform in just one or in all four of the options below
Bard and Bard-inspired performance options include (but are NOT limited to)...
- a monologue from any Shakespeare play
- an original spoken-word poem or monologue (using text from, or inspired by text from and Shakespeare play
- a scene from any Shakespeare play
- an original, devised theatre piece (using text from, or inspired by text from any Shakespeare play)
Where to look for material (and inspiration): There are literally TONS of spooky, scary, mystical, magical monologues and scenes from Shakespeare plays to choose as performance pieces or as inspiration for original material.
Click HERE for a list of spooky Shakespeare scenes and monologues to help you get started!
QUESTIONS? email email@example.com or call: (773)675-9592
LINK to REGISTER