ROLE OF THE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director plays a strategic and unifying leadership role, partnering with the Board of Directors, Artistic Director, and staff to develop and communicate organizational ambitions, priorities, and vision. This position requires fundraising expertise and the ability to provide financial oversight of the organization. The Executive Director is a vocal and visible advocate and leader of the arts, both locally and regionally.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE GRAND MARAIS ART COLONY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Grand Marais Art Colony is a non-profit art center that has nurtured art on the North Shore of Lake Superior since 1947, by providing services to artists, promoting art education, and supporting art in our community through an environment for creative excellence. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the co-leadership, management, and health of the organization, consistent with its mission and serves as the principal public face of the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implement the mission and the strategic goals and objectives of the organization with a mindset toward capacity building
• Work with the Board and its Executive Committee to fulfill its governance function
• Together, with the Artistic Director, give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, goals, and objectives
• Work with bookkeeper to ensure the fiscal health of the organization, both in the near term and in light of longer term objectives
• Monitor, manage, and when necessary, perform the day-to-day functions of the organization’s business