At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC), we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance. Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is home to the premier contemporary dance company in the United States, the largest dance facility in Chicago, and serves the community through youth, education and community engagement programs, and adaptive dance programs that serve thousands of children across the Chicago area.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago (HSDC) is seeking a junior level professional to join the Development Team. HSDC’s Individual Giving Coordinator will manage and execute the annual giving program. This individual will manage donor and patron records in Tessitura, create and execute annual giving appeals, conduct donor research, create prospect lists and profiles, and support data analysis and gift tracking.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organized, customer-focused individual to support the work of a leading contemporary dance company and school, and to begin/ advance a professional career in fundraising.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute the Annual Fund campaigns in order to meet or exceed budgeted goals. Fundraising campaigns include direct mail and email appeals, matching gift appeals, as well as personalized proposals for individual donors.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Development in creating and executing the Annual Fund strategy.
- Independently manage the execution of appeals including writing, design, mail house/ printing vendors, prospect lists, mail merges, and response tracking and reporting.
- Administer the individual giving stewardship, and communications plans, which includes prospect lists and appeals calendar.
- Utilize Tessitura to track, analyze, and report on appeals, sources, and channels of gifts from individual donors. Administer tracking and moves management to support the creation and execution of strategies to grow the donor pipeline.
- Update the individual giving lines within the annual Development budget, including weekly cash flow and revenue projections.
- Assist with coordination of various donor activities and special events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.