Position: Development Intern (General)
Reports to: Development Coordinator
Time Commitment 15-25 hours per week, 3 or more days
Compensation: Course credit available; $30 travel stipend per week.
Season: Winter/Spring 2018
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
This internship will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in preparation for Lyric's 2017/18 season. This position will assist all major areas of Development, including Donor Services, Annual and Planned Giving, Individual Giving, Institutional Partnerships, Women's Board, and Chapters, Guild Board, and Young Professionals.
PROJECTS/DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with direct mail pieces, including proofing, editing, design input, and distribution
- Research projects and utilize Tessitura for data entry and organization of information
- Provide general assistance at key events such as Opening Night Opera Ball, Operathon, Lyric Signature Events, and others
- Perform general clerical duties (filing, copying, mailing) as needed
- Additional projects specific to teach Development area as assigned