The People's Music School is a 40-year old institution that has brought the transformative benefits of music to over 10,000 lives across Chicago. Our model is completely tuition-free. We serve kids age 5-18 who otherwise would not be able to afford music education. Since music education has benefits that extend far beyond the artistic benefits, we view ourselves as an institution building future leaders. We build cognitive, academic, and social-emotional skills through an intense and rigorous curriculum. Our students learn with us for up to 12 hours per week and their families fulfill a significant volunteer time requirement. In the last 18 months, the school has grown 2x under new leadership composed of alumni from Bain & Company and A Better Chicago, and world-class experience from a newly energized Board of Directors. And we're just getting started...
The People’s Music School is seeking experienced guitar and flute instructors. The instructors will be responsible for teaching private lessons, small group lessons, and/or coaching chamber ensembles.
· Deliver high-quality instruction to students in Grades 5-12
· Provide assessment of students’ musical and behavioral progress
· Act as a mentor to each student and create positive rapport with students
· Collaborate with parents, administrative staff, and other faculty
· Timely correspondence with Program Director, school staff, and parents
· Active participation in faculty meetings, adjudication of juries, and student performances
Skills & Qualifications:
· Minimum level of education required is a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in music education or performance
· Ability to work during program hours, Monday-Thursday 4-8, Saturday 8:30am – 3:00pm (exact days/times TBD)
· Self-motivated and flexible; ability to work effectively in a busy school environment
· Prior experience teaching percussion to children of different ages and ability levels a plus
Experience working with children from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
Knowledge of appropriate repertoire for band students
A high level of personal musicianship and professionalism
Belief in our transformative mission is a must
Demonstrate a commitment to TPMS core values.
Check out full job descriptions by copying and pasting thsi link: http://www.peoplesmusicschool.org/about-us/jobs
Please email your resume and references to Sarah Morrow at email@example.com