Photographer - Potter and Potter Auctions
Chicago-based auction house seeks a photographer to produce high quality commercial images for use in its printed and online catalogs, sales collateral material, and in advertisements. The company produces regular catalogs of antiques and collectibles; objects vary in size from giant sideshow banners to small toys, autographs, books, historical documents, and everything in between. An ideal candidate will a team player with a positive attitude, work rapidly in a fast-paced environment, and produce high-quality images according to company style and specifications.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Photograph and scan objects for auction catalogs, sales collateral, etc.
• Edit photographs for publication using Adobe suite of products.
• Meet regular goals for shooting/editing according to company-established deadlines.
• Must be able to take and execute direction of other company executives.
• Utilizing technology applications to organize, retouch, and archive digital assets.
• Coordinating and ensuring all merchandise is available for each shoot.
• Support and assist other departments as necessary.
• Organize the photo studio so all props and equipment are quickly and safely accessible.
• Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs and deadlines of the business, including occasional weekends.