Job Title: Advancement Intern
Dates: Spring 2018: January-May
Pay: Northlight internships are unpaid. We provide hands-on experience and one- on-one connection to Northlight Theatre.
Deadline to apply: December 15, 2018
Overall Description: Working under the supervision of the Director of Advancement, the advancement intern will perform a variety of tasks relating to raising funds for Northlight Theatre.
The Internship Experience Includes:
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- One-on-one meeting with selected professionals in Chicago theatre for Q&A and networking upon request.
- Attend and participate in all internal meetings including weekly meetings with advancement, monthly check-in's with marketing, and staff and audience engagement meetings which typically occur bi-monthly.
- Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-20 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Assist with the planning and execution of all donor, fundraising, and cultivation events throughout the year.
- Assist in researching new funding opportunities including those available through Forefront.
- Update existing grant templates for ease in sending out multiple LOI’s and grant requests.
- Update mailing lists to include new sources of funding. Further develop customized lists including those to legislators, community partners, family foundations, etc.
- Enter donor gifts and information into eTapestry.
- Track donor campaigns and enhance our stewardship effort.
- Research and share best practices in fundraising strategies for the arts.