Job Title: Casting & Artistic Administration Intern
Dates: Spring 2018: January-May
Pay: Northlight internships are unpaid. We provide hands-on experience and one- on-one connection to Northlight Theatre.
Deadline to Apply: November 12, 2018
Overall Description:Working under the Literary & Casting Associate, the casting intern will perform a variety of tasks related to the Artistic Department of Northlight Theatre with an emphasis on casting and artistic administration.
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Discussion of resume building, headshots, interviewing skills, and next steps in pursuing theatre as a career.
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre.
- Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights. (Fall and Spring only)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-18 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Administer and support season casting by monitoring and assisting in auditions. Flexible weekday availability preferred.
- Observe and assist with auditions as needed.
- Updating Northlight Casting database, organizing headshot submissions, and filing and updating actor information.
- Helping in other departments for events and on short-term projects when necessary.